I guess I can declare relapse. It’s disappointing and defeating. I am rarely pursuing recovery and most of the time pursuing weight loss and engaging in ED behaviours and have for months. I feel like right now I do not have the time and space to battle recovery. But I will get back on track soon when I’m fully ready and willing again to face it.
The next time I devote to ED recovery there will need to be some non negotiable things in place for it to be successful long term.
1) exercise I love: yoga and dance as priority over gym. Movement on the beach: sport games, frisbee.
2) no trying to lose weight for a year
3) always leave time for self care day.
4) make decisions on things from the perspective of being in recovery from an ED. Not from the perspective of another person and what they can do.
5) cooking day – have a day where I can prepare wholesome foods that I feel safe to eat